Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I have to take a break in my chronicals of the cabin for this....

When I told the kids today we were going shopping for school supplies, I could have sworn they heard me say we were going to Disneyland because I heard shouts of 

"This is the best day of my life!"

"This is going to be so awesome!"

"I'm like, in such a hurry"


I told them they only like it so much because they don't have to pay for it. 

I wish I had remembered my camera because they were quite cute each pushing their own cart and checking things off their lists. One of the few drawbacks to their school is the LONG list of supplies they need. 1 full page each. When I was a kid, my mom went to the supply room at the school and purchased a pencil box, crayons, scissors, and maybe a couple folders. Today, nearly 3 hours, 3 shopping carts full, and $395 dollars later we left Wal Mart. Yep, that's why I don't get excited about school shopping. 

The reciept, about 2 feet long, 
courtesy of one of the rulers we bought.

When I really think about it, I guess it is a small price to pay for their education, and a good deal more worthwhile than a day at Disneyland, which incidentally, that total would have paid for.... 

My consolation-- 
Best purchase of the day 
 a $5 reading lamp for each to clip to their bed
(Jordan's first one-- aah simple pleasures)


No comments:

Post a Comment