Friday, July 15, 2011

Duck Creek Day Three:

Monday was my birthday and I got the royal treatment. It started with waking to the kidlets yelling the Happy Birthday song outside my door. While JJ cooked some fantastic omletts, the kids spent the morning bringing me little Happy Birthday notes and drawings. One of my favorite quotes is from Laney " You are the best mommy in the whole wide Uneverise! I love you! You are the best if I could choose any woman in the whole Uneverise I would choose you. You are wonderful. I would never want you to die..." She also wrote 10 things she loved about me, # 9 was " I can't hate you." very sweet. There were even hand and feet massages while Vanessa did my make-up. I was quite pampered.  Of course that was just in time to go spelunking through some muddy underground caves. They reminded me of past Nutty Putty days. These were smaller though, which was a good thing since we forgot the flashlights. Thank goodness for cell phones and cameras, or we'd have had some disappointed little explorers. There we three caves. JJ , Terra, Isabel, and Simona were the only ones who ended up exploring the bat cave. Appearantly Isabel and Terra were terrified! So much for never being afraid of anything ever again. The other caves you had to crawl through which led to these......


This pretty much sums up our first few days here.

It explains all the laundry we've done and Isabel's melt down at how all her clothes "are being ruined-"
Isn't that supposed to be my line? She was just being dramatic, mud washes :)



There were some tight squeezes. I'll never forget laughing with Vanessa about our butts being too big!



 We stopped by a river and washed off our feet

 The kids are lucky to each have a cousin their own age
Jordan and Adahi 
6 months apart and about 6 inches


Laney and Chilali (shilaylee)

Isabel and Terra

Poor little Honovi, missing her buddy.
 I guess I missed the memo 4 years ago on having a girl.

Simona and Jordan two little pals




Love these girls

A lovely Birthday, I guess 32 isn't so bad. I just try not to think about 40 looming in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment