Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Duck Creek: Day Four Good-byes

Tuesday was unfortunately departure day for JJ and Vanessa.
We managed a hike before they had to leave to go back to work. 
The sky was such a deep blue unhindered by city smog

I about peed my pants during the hike worrying about one of the kids falling down the steep loose shale cliffs. Some of them(actually all of them) teens included, 
weren't able to evaluate risk very well.

The peak of the hike--A waterfall that shoots out of a rock. -pretty cool


aah little Honovi, my hiking buddy
She is such a spunky funny little thing that has wormed her way deep into my heart. I was sitting across from her being thoroughly entertained as she ate her Ramen. I had to grab the camera.

She eats life with a similar intensity


Attacking her brother Mikey, 


"The Hills are Alive....."






"you have a little something on your chin"


This is Zach, he was our DJ   24/7 . I have to admit there were times I got a little Cabin Beiber Fever and I just might throw up if I hear Paparazzi one more time. But it's his way of interacting and it definitely livens up the place. As you can see from these pictures he can't even take a break for Smore's.

 happiest rocking out to his tunes


There was a nest of baby birds on the roof of the deck that hatched right before we all came to the cabin. They were quite the celebrities as we watched them daily being fed by their mom. The most exciting event in the Baby Bird saga was when one of the birds lost it's balance out of the nest and teetered on the brink of death for a few minutes. Luckily for the bird there was a Rescue Squad holding a blanket underneath should the worst happen.  Even more luckily, it eventually made it back into the nest. On our last day though, the nest was empty, appearantly it takes a full week for them to grow up enough to leave the nest. 
That's some tough parenting for you.


Suicidal Baby Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment