Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back to School ....sigh

Our precious summer is over already and the kids went back to school yesterday. Admittedly they were much more excited to go then I was to have them leave, but it's nice to see their happy smiling faces heading off for new experiences this year. Speaking of which here they are in all their uniform glory....

It's all about shorts (no skirts this year)


all about skirts and knee highs-- no shorts!
--Thank goodness one of them likes the knee highs :)




And this kid, being a boy 
doesn't have too many options



The Backpacks
Since they attend a school with a very strict uniform policy, the backpack becomes their biggest source of self expression. This year we searched high and low to find one that suits their personality. 
And find them we did...

Sports balls, what more can a boy ask for?


Aahh Laney, Laney, Laney-- I just love that this girl is still into Pink and Bling
My favorite part-- The red water bottle with the pink backpack 
(even the water bottle and lunch bag have become more meaningful over the years)


My Growing Isabel, 
Definitely chose a more sophisticated look in her signature color


I'm going to miss these guys 

 When asked their favorite part of their first day...
Isabel : "Loved how my teacher is funny and sarcastic "
Laney:  "Organizing my desk"
Jordan:  " Recess"

And what did I do on my first full day kid free?

What any responsible mom would do...
I got my hair done. 

I decided to embrace my bleaching hair and go blonde.
After all, they have more fun right?


1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about all you Eaglers yesterday heading back to school. Aaah, I miss Eagle. But I guess I am a little glad to have one more week before the school year starts for us. Your hair looks great! I love the blonde!

    ReplyDelete