Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spooktacular Slumber Party

Since Laney Turned 7 on 10-10-10

Here's three 10's Celebrating Elayna

10 things I love about Her
   Her Million Dollar Giggle
Can produce any “lost” object within a matter of seconds
Loves games-- (like me)
 Gets giddy about programming and soldering (like Daddy)
Transitions from tears to laughter instantaneously
A motherer
Enjoys sorting and matching socks
Only houses lucky thoughts
Understands not only how to take apart, but also reassemble
 Fills our home with sunshine and silliness everyday!

Her name has also provided us with a gold mine of nicknames, here are
10  Aliases for her
Laney
Lane
Fast Lane
Lane Brain
Brainy Laney
Laney Luck
Laniac
Zaney Laney
Laney Bug
Laney Lou


And Finally...
 This year Laney wanted a "Halloween Birthday." It turned out to be quite a convenient theme. I'm thinking, a Halloween Birthday every year sounds perfect. Seriously, with just some face paint, hair color, and spooky music, I probably could have had them count beans the whole time and they still would've had fun. 

  
 10 highlights from her party this last weekend...


1. Decorations




2.  The Birthday Girl






3.  The Family Room Web


I decided to try the spider web game. I played this once as a kid and loved it, and I've always wanted to try it. You wrap individual strings all around the room and each kids follows their own to a prize at the end. Turned out to be slightly laborious to make and untangle- but the kids had fun, I think it took them at least a half hour to untangle their string, but they all stuck with it.
(It was quite entertaining to watch them work through it, see video at end of the post) 





4.  Their Trick or Treat Bags



5.  Dancing To Ghost Busters


6. Opening presents...
 thanks for the gifts-- she loves them!




7.  Bacci Bean Bag Toss



I have a funny story about little Pumpkin Face
When I told them we were going to paint faces she said.
 "My mom already told me we would get our faces painted.
She knows everything,
the Past, Future and the Present."
 Appearantly she does!


8.  Black Bottom Cupcakes-- a life savor
because everyone knows I can't decorate a party cake to save my life!

 

We started the movie pretty late, so there were some casualties
Even the birthday girl passed out in the end

 
9.  The die hards Celebrating!


 
10.  Birthday Friends!
Thanks for Coming!




Here is a video of some of the party in action.
I just love the kids dancing-- their individual personalities are priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Elayna will always be Laney to me! What a cute birthday party and video.

    ReplyDelete